We run various open competitions throughout the year, and they provide opportunities for golfers of all ages to experience our club. Competitions are listed below in date order, and each has a downloadable entry form and information sheet. If you'd like further details then please contact the event organiser.
Our open competitions have a limited number of places available, and they almost always have a full entry. We therefore advise that you submit your entry as soon as possible. Start sheets will be available to download approximately two weeks before each competition, but we recommend that entrants re-check the list on the day.
We politely ask visiting golfers to adhere to our dress code. Please follow this link for details.
We usually publish results online within a day of the competition closing. In the case of qualifying events you'll find the results at the HowDidIDo website. For non-qualifying events please visit our results page.
Finally, please note the entry conditions shown at the footer of this page.
|Date||Friday 6th October|
|Entry Fee||£25pp for members and £35pp for visitors|
|Format||Teams of Four - Stableford, two scores to count.|
|Entry||Please call the club office or follow this link|
|Further Information||Please follow: this link|
A charity event raising funds for Children’s Hospice South West. Price includes coffee and bacon roll on arrival, lots of golfing fun, a great table of prizes and a two-course meal afterwards.
Enter online or call the club office to book your team into the event.
Hole sponsorship is also available at £50.00 – Please contact Roger via Twitter for more information.
|Date||Friday 5th May - Completed - Thanks to all who took part.|
|Entry Fee||Members £8.00, Visitors £20.00|
|Format||Gents Four-Ball Better-Ball|
This competition is open to male golfers aged 55 and over. Teams of two can be made up of members / non-members. Prizewinners will be asked to produce handicap certificates.
|Date||Sunday 2nd July - Completed - Thanks to all who took part.|
|Entry Fee||Members £8.00, Visitors £18.00|
|Entry||Entry Now Full|
This competition is open to teams of one male and one female golfer. Handicap certificates are required and it would be appreciated if major prizewinners could be present at prizegiving.
|Date||Friday 14th July|
|Entry Fee||Club Members Team - £280 Corporate Team - £380.00 +VAT|
|Further Information||Visit our Pro-Am 2017 page|
|Date||Saturday 29th July - Completed - Thanks to all who took part.|
|Entry Fee||Visitors £0.00 - Members £25.00|
|Format||Gents Four-Ball Better-Ball|
Invitational event for teams of one member and one guest. Wide variety of prizes on the day. Early entry advised to avoid disappointment.
|Date||Sunday 30th July - Completed - Thanks to all who took part.|
|Entry Fee||£7 (or £5 for nine-hole event)|
|Format||Medal and Stableford Competitions|
|Date||Tuesday 1st August - Completed - Thanks to all who took part.|
|Entry Fee||£18 Visitors - £8 Members|
|Format||Teams of Four Stableford - See poster for full details|
|Date||Friday 11th August - Completed - Thanks to all who took part.|
|Entry Fee||£12.50 Members, £18.50 Visitors|
|Format||Four-Ball Better-Ball. Teams of Two|
A Four-ball better ball stableford competition in support of the League of Friends of Taunton Hospital. The competition is open to men, ladies or a mixed team.
|Date||Sunday 20th August|
|Entry Fee||Visitors £20.00 - Members £9.00|
|Format||Mixed - Teams of Three|
Open competition for teams of three players, which includes a wide variety of prizes, with extra prizes for visiting teams. Various food specials on the day. Early entry essential.
|Date||Sunday 10th September 2017|
|Entry Fee||Visitors £15.00 - Members £10.00|
|Format||Mixed Four-Ball Better-Ball|
|Entry||Enter Online - Click Here|
|Results||Will appear here after the event|
This competition is open to gentlemen, ladies, juniors and mixed pairings. On-course competitions, spot prizes, twos competition and halfway-house refreshments. Teams of two can be made up of members / non-members.
Entry Terms, Cancellation and Curtailment Policy
- If the competition is cancelled before the day all competitors will receive a full refund.
- If fewer than 12 holes are completed by all competitors the competition will be voided and all competitors will receive a complementary round of golf to be taken at the time of their choosing.
- If all competitors complete at least 12 holes, but fewer than 18 holes, the competition results will be calculated on the maximum number of holes completed by all competitors.
- Start lists will be emailed to competitors approximately two weeks before the event, and they will also be published on this website.
- By providing an email address, entrants are indicating their consent to receive relevant communication about current and future events at Taunton & Pickeridge. Such communication can be opted out of at any time.
- Printed start sheets can be sent upon request.
- We strongly recommend that competitors check this website on the day of the competition to confirm their start times and to note any late information.
- All prizewinners will be required to produce a valid handicap certificate.
- Entry to an open competition is regarded as acceptance of the above rules.